DIY Tie-Dye Notebooks! (Great For School)
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoByE4ojFV4
When I was younger, I used to feel jealous of my classmates for having Lisa Frank school stuff. Just having these bright and colorful things make you seem like a cool kid who “has it all”… Watching this tutorial by DazzleDIY reminds me of those Lisa Frank days. Tie-dye notebooks are actually pretty easy to make! You will have notebooks that will be just as beautifully unique as you!
Tools and Materials Needed:
1. Regular School Notebook
2. Mod Podge
3. Paint Sponge
4. Pieces of Paper
6. Acrylic Paints in Rainbow colors
7. Paintbrush (something that looks like a makeup blending brush)
8. Angled Paintbrush (something that looks like an angled eyeliner makeup brush)
9. Tissue or Any Scrap Cloth
1. You can make your own Mod Podge by mixing one part regular Elmer’s School Glue with 1/2 part water. Mix it well. You can make more and keep it in a jar for future use.
2. This DIY is very fun to do. I’ve been bored for a while with the notebooks that I usually buy at the stores. The fancy decorative ones can be pretty expensive, so this is a cheaper way to beautify your notebooks.
3. This process can get really messy so don’t forget to place old newspapers or cardboard in your work area – and choose a workplace that is more suited to this kind of project. Don’t use your mom’s best table… 😉
4. You can also jazz up your notebooks by adding scrapbook pieces or name tags.
5. If you have little kids, you can do small art projects with them by jazzing up their school supplies! Girls would generally love to have something that is pretty and colorful. If they’re boys, feel free to choose more “boy” colors like various shades of blues and greens, or whatever colors they choose.
6. You can make these notebooks waterproof by using clear plastic book covers.
7. You can also use different shapes and patterns with the variety of colors you have at home. If you don’t have the same type of “squeeze” acrylic paints that she used in the video, you can take a popsicle stick, dip it in a pot of acrylic paint and let it drizzle on the paper in a circular motion.
These tie dye notebooks are one of a kind, have fun!
Ok, here is the video: