DIY Paper Roses – Image To Repin / Share
Image – craftster.org
If you want to surprise your loved ones for Valentine’s day, or any day for that matter, this tutorial by our friends at Craftster will teach you how to make paper roses out of coffee filters (or other tissue paper)!
Here are some more suggestions:
1. You can dye your coffee filters by soaking them in a bowl mixed with a few drops of food coloring. These will make pretty pastel colored paper roses!
2. If you’re not a coffee drinker, you can use tissue paper, scrap paper and even some scrapbook paper that you no longer use! Try to make a bunch of roses that are made out of different materials so that you will have a bouquet of flowers that will look interesting for your room decor. Place them in mason jars or empty wine bottles!
3. If you’re planning to give roses to your loved ones for Valentine’s day, try getting a bunch of fresh flowers, and then place your paper rose in the middle. Write a note that says something like “Until the last flower wilts, my love for you will never die”.
4. You can also lightly spray your roses with your favorite perfume or body mist so that when you give these roses to your loved ones, they will bask in the smell of the “flowers”.
5. You can also add a gradient effect to your roses by concentrating the color on the tips of the petals. Once they’re dried, you will have super gorgeous flowers! Make sure that you store them in a cool and dry place so that they won’t get damaged.
Here’s the link to the full tutorial: DIY Paper Roses