DIY Tutorial: Homemade Lip Butter
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY2wDe48k-Y
If you had to choose one beauty item, what would it be? If I were to answer this question, I would pick lip butter/balms in a heartbeat! Dry and chapped lips make me look really sick and dehydrated (even if I’m not!) This great tutorial by the well known Ann Le (AnneOrShine) will teach you how to make your own lip butter! What’s great about this is that you will be using all-natural ingredients! 🙂
1. 2 1/2 teaspoons food grade wax (soy wax or beeswax)
2. 2 teaspoons mango butter
3. 1 teaspoon coconut oil
4. 1 1/2 teaspoon almond oil
5. 5-10 drops essential oil/food grade i.e. peppermint (optional)
6. 1/2 teaspoon honey
Note – the original formula calls for Coloring (cosmetic mica/concentrated lip colors/food coloring) but you can omit this for health reasons if desired or use a natural option.
1. Measuring Spoons
2. Mixing/Popsicle Sticks
3. Pyrex Measuring Cup
4. Lip Balm Containers
1. These lip butter are so awesome to give out to your friends as presents. Using natural ingredients will help keep your lips safe from harmful chemicals!
2. You can recycle your old lip balm containers or you can buy the empty ones on eBay or Amazon. You can even use contact lens containers or other small jars!
3. To keep your lips from dehydrating, drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. Tea and Coffee can make you pee a lot so try to replace fluids with water. It’s also a known mucolytic. It will really help those who have a productive cough.
4. Exfoliate your lips at least every other day. Gently brush your lippie with a wet toothbrush. You can also use a sugar scrub or a damp cloth. These will get rid of the dead skin cells and make your lip products glide on smoother.
5. You can make your own sugar scrub by mixing brown sugar and olive oil. Make a paste out of this mixture. You can keep the remaining amount in a container. You can even add a tiny bit of peppermint oil or cinnamon oil for a touch of flavor!
6. Keep these lip butter in a cool dry place. Apply this product on your lips after the last step of your skincare routine.
Ok, here is the video: