DIY Tutorial: His & Hers Gift Soaps
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfO9vrRoZA
Lisa Pullano is at it once again with this amazing video DIY tutorial on how to make your own soap at home. She also shows us different designs to use to give to your loved ones as presents.
1. 1 to 2 lbs. of White Melt and Pour Base Soap (you can get one made from shea butter)
2. 1 to 2 lbs. of Clear Glycerin Melt and Pour Base Soap
3. Water Soluble Soap-Friendly Dyes
4. Essential Oil or Fragrance Oil
1. Reusable Soap Mold / Silicone Baking Mold
2. Exacto Knife
3. Plastic Wrap
4. Heat Safe Container (for heating your soap in the microwave)
5. Cutting Board
6. Rubbing Alcohol in a Sprat Bottle
7. Soap Cutter or Kitchen Knife
8. Spoon and Fork
1. The kind of soap that was used in the tutorial is the melt-and-pour type. It makes it easy and safer for you to make your DIY soaps at home because you just need to heat it in the microwave – as opposed to making soap the professional way, which uses Lye – a caustic and potentially dangerous substance.
2. Be careful whenever you’re heating soap because there’s a tendency for it to burn. Heat it in the microwave for 25-30 seconds and if it still has any solid pieces, heat it some more for a few seconds until the soap is completely melted.
3. If you want to give someone a soap bar, try to find out what he or she likes so that you can create shapes and patterns that your receiver would really appreciate. Also, try to choose scents that he/she will love. Vanilla and citrus scents are just some of the most popular fragrances. If you are making soap for guys, use masculine scents. Try finding out the kind of notes that were used in his perfumes. Search for the information online so that you can pick the scents for your fragrance oils.
4. Remember to keep these soaps in cool, dry areas. Pack them securely in plastic because the glycerin tends to “sweat” a lot.
5. You can get soap kits in different crafts stores but you can also get them online. Just make sure to double check your items and that they are exactly the same as the ones written in the recipe.
Have fun making these soap bars!
Ok, here is the video: