DIY Table Leg Dragonflies With Ceiling Fan Blade Wings – Image To Repin / Share
Image – lucydesignsonline.com
According to Utahrecycles.org , “Americans represent 5% of the world’s population, but generate 30% of the world’s garbage.”
It’s astounding how much garbage we tend to throw away. The more garbage we throw, the more we contribute to the damage of our ecosystem. That’s why it’s imperative for us to adopt eco-friendly habits. One of those ways is to recycle materials. You can even turn your “trash” into gorgeous works of art instead of just constantly buying new stuff.
Here’s a tutorial by Lucy Designs Online that will show you how to make table dragonflies with ceiling fan blade wings! They add such an interesting touch to your room decor! It could also become such a wonderful conversation piece when placed in small business establishments. The link follows after our comments and suggestions.
1. These beautiful dragonfly art pieces are made from table legs and fan blade wings but don’t feel too limited that you cannot do this project without having the exact same things that were required in the tutorial. Follow the basic techniques and tweak it up a little bit. Why don’t you try bamboo and plywood or wood and plastic? Make use of whatever you have at home!
2. If you have wooden walls, try to paint your dragonflies in a pastel shade. Once the paint has dried, add a vintage, worn out look by rubbing the painted wood with some sandpaper. Use a glaze or a clear varnish to add more dimension.
3. If you have bottle caps, have them painted and then stick them on the body of your dragonfly. If you have broken pieces of jewelry, save the pendants and the chains and use them for the dragonfly’s eyes.
4. You can use the edge of a bottle cap or a small glass and dip them in some paint to add more dimension to the wings of the dragonfly. You can also try to use old lace doilies and use them as stencil to paint an interesting pattern on the wings. Try layering different colors if you want your dragonflies to look more vibrant.
5. You can adjust the size of your dragonflies if you want them to be placed in a smaller room.
6. These dragonflies will also look great when displayed in a little girl’s room. Wooden elements add a pop of interest to the overall theme of the room.
Ok here’s the link to the full tutorial: https://www.lucydesignsonline.com/2011/03/dragonflies-part-2.html