Video: How To Make Crayon Candles
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcpmRHRmLEA
If you have broken crayons lying around the house, this video by SoCraftastic will teach you how to create a lovely scented multi-colored candle that’s made out of different-colored crayons! Note – this tutorial needs adult supervision as there are is heating / hot wax involved.
Tools and Materials Needed:
1. Dixie Cups
2. Microwavable Soy Wax
3. Candle Glass
4. Candle Wick
5. Double-Sided Adhesive
6. Scented Wax Cubes
8. Colored Crayons of Your Choice
1. If you know someone who loves scented candles, you can make this crayon candle for her. She will surely love it!
2. The wick can sometimes bend while you’re pouring the melted wax, so if you want to keep it in place at all times, get a wooden disposable chopstick (the ones that attach at the end) and insert the wick in between the spaces.
3. If you’re worried that your paper cup might catch on fire in the microwave, just use a microwave safe glass container. You will be waiting for each layer to dry anyway, so you can clean the container after each step.
4. If you want to make sure that it is melted at the right temperature, make sure that you read the label at the back of the package. Don’t burn your wax! Another possibility is to use a “double boiler” which is essentially a small pan or other shatterproof container inside another pan. The outer pan is filled with water which is then heated on a stove. It gives greater control over the wax temperature and helps prevent it from getting too high. Be sure not to leave unattended.
5. If you want to use a liquid scent instead of the one in solid form, apply the fragrance after heating and mix well with a popsicle stick or toothpick.
6. Don’t be impatient. Always wait for each layer to dry or else the colors will not stand out. If you want your candle to look even more interesting, try to mix two colors together. Use a toothpick to swirl two different shades “just the right amount”. Wait for this layer to dry before adding the second swirly layer. Repeat the process until you’ve reached the top of the glass.
7. If you want to go for a more angled layer, slightly tilt the glass against a hard surface and make sure that it’s stable so that it doesn’t move around.
8. Wrap the candle in a pretty plastic wrap and secure it with a ribbon and attach a handwritten tag.
9. You can even make your own bath set! In a small basket, place your crayon candle and any of the following: bath gels, bath bombs, scrubs, and lotions. Add a pretty towel and wrap everything in a nice plastic wrapper.
Ok, here’s the video: