DIY Adventure Time Wall Art
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxeX9l4WUq8
Adventure Time is a popular animated TV series that was created by Pendleton Ward for Cartoon Network. The story follows the adventures of a human boy named Finn, and his best friend and adoptive brother Jake (a dog with magical powers to change shape and shrink at will).
Adventure time fans will really love this video tutorial we discovered by iHasCupquake. She will teach you how to make an 8-bit image of Finn using pieces comprised of 1/2 inch wooden cubes!
Tools and Materials Needed:
1. 1/2 inch wooden cubes
2. Black and white Acrylic Paint
3. Paint Brush
4. Elmer’s Glue or Any Glue That is Strong Enough to Adhere to Wood
1. This is such a very unique way to decorate your walls. The cubes create a kind of 3D effect and the 8-bit image makes it seem as if Finn was brought to life.
2. If you’re not a fan of Adventure time, you can still get images of other characters that you like. You can create 8-bit style pixel art from ordinary images! All you have to do is to edit the images in Photoshop. Learn this technique through this howtogeek.com/howto/29692/create-cool-8-bit-style-pixel-art-from-ordinary-images/. It will look as if your picture has turned into a vintage Nintendo game character!
3. If you don’t have any wooden cubes, you can still make art tiles out of cardboard. Cut the pieces into equal squares. This may be a bit time consuming but it will all be worth it. You may need another sheet of cardboard to stick your tiles on. Use acrylic paint for the tiles. Arrange the tiles according to the instructions in the tutorial and then apply a generous coat of Mod Podge over the top (you can also use Diamond Glaze).
4. You can get a black, white and flesh colored paper and cut them up into squares. Arrange the pieces together to create Finn. Stick these squares on a sheet of really fancy paper and have it framed.
This wall art DIY project is just so amazing. It will certainly bring life to a child’s room! Ok, here is the video: