DIY: Woven Chain Bracelet
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=–ZVsHkVSPQ
Accessories can really add more character to an outfit. Bracelets and charms come in a lot of unique designs and textures. “Arm stacking” has been quite a popular trend in the last few years. During the summer, woven bracelets are combined with metallic bracelets.
You can buy accessories at any stores but if you really want to save money, invest in classic and simple accessories. You can then take these pieces and jazz them up. Here’s a tutorial by GoshClaudia that will teach you how to make a woven chain bracelet!
Tools and Materials Needed:
1. Embroidery String
4. 2 Bobby Pins
5. Chunky Chain Bracelet
1. If you have old chain bracelets that you no longer use, you can use them for this DIY project. If you don’t have chain bracelets at home, you can get bracelet chains at Hobby Lobby. You can also order online on sites like eBay and Amazon.
2. If you’re going for a chunkier bracelet, you can choose to add beads or charms.
3. Try experimenting with different materials. Go for leather cords, 550 paracords, ricracs, twine and even gift ribbons! Make sure that the length of your material is 2 to 3 times longer than the length of the bracelet. Double knot the end so that your strings won’t unravel.
4. Store your accessories in a clean and dry environment. If you’re washing your hands, make sure that your bracelet doesn’t get wet.
5. You can do the same technique on a chain necklace! This would look so great when worn under a collared shirt! Just make sure that the colors go well with the color palette of your outfit (especially when you’re wearing printed garments).
6. If you’re not using them, you can attach these bracelets to your backpack. You can also add additional bag charms to make your bag look more interesting.
7. Accessorizing tips: Match the same kind of bracelets to make them look more cohesive. For example, if you’re more into gold jewelry, stack bracelets that have a hint of gold in them.
Ok, here’s the video: