DIY Oatmeal Bath Bombs For Dry Skin
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk6ctUy0BW0
If you want to have a luxurious bath after a long, busy day, bath bombs will make for a fun and interactive experience. Lush sells a lot of bath bombs in different scents and colors. They even have ones that contain glitter in them! But these bath bombs can get pricey, so why don’t you make some of your own? We discovered a video tutorial by BeautySplurge (Lisa Pullano) that will show you how to create your own bath bombs!
What’s even more amazing is that these bath bombs have oatmeal in them! It might sound strange until you learn that oatmeal was used in the olden days to treat different skin conditions. It’s also a natural cleanser and is still often found in skin products!
Dry Ingredients Needed:
1. 1 Cup Baking Soda
2. 1/2 Cup Citric Acid
3. 1/2 Cup Corn Starch
4. 1/4 Ciup Epsom Salt
5. 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1. 2 Tbsp Oil (you can choose one or a mix of two of the following: grape seed oil, olive oil, almond oil, cocoa butter, shea butter)
2. 1 Tsp Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil
3. Food Coloring (Water-Soluble)
4. Witch Hazel Astringent (Transfer it in a Spray Bottle)
5. Icing Decoration (optional)
1. Plastic or Silicon Molds
2. Wax Paper
1. These bath bombs are great to give to friends as presents not only during the holidays but also for other occasions like birthdays.
2. Try chopping in some dried lavender, rosemary or other herbs of your choice. These may make your bath more calming and relaxing.
3. You don’t have to get the same essential oil that she used in the tutorial. You can experiment with different scents. Essential oils can be found at stores such as Whole Foods, but you can also get good quality ones at reputable online sites.
4. These bath bombs will help moisturize your skin, especially during the winter time. Did you know that your skin is at it dryest during the colder seasons? This is because there is lack of moisture in the air, so your skin doesn’t get any hydration from the atmosphere. After taking a bath, lather your skin with a good moisturizing lotion so you will have smooth and supple skin all winter long!
If you want to impress someone who loves to take relaxing baths, give them these really cool homemade bath bombs!
Ok, here is the video: