New (Old) Foyer Table – Image To Repin / Share
Image – downtoearthstyle.blogspot.com
If you have a small apartment, it might be a bit difficult for you to store things or decorate your house in a way that will provide ample space for you and your family. However, with this tutorial by Down To Earth Style, you will learn how to make a nice foyer table that doesn’t take up so much space! The link to the full tutorial follows after our comments and suggestions.
1. Notice how the mirror creates the illusion of space. You could place a mirror above your table in a similar fashion. A mirror will also create the effect of more light in a room!
2. The foyer table in the tutorial evokes such a wonderful, vintage feel. If you add more whimsical pieces, your home will look interesting for sure! Try to maximize the space by making mini shelves. You can then use this space to store your collection of DVDs or books.
3. If you’re not into vintage elements, you can paint the furniture in a simple shade that goes well with the color theme of your room. Place a vase of pretty spring flowers and some framed pictures.
4. If you want to make this table for a child’s room, you can go ahead and make it look more “kid-friendly” by decorating the table with random lego pieces. If you want to make it look more artsy, you can paint a wall with a scenery and then create it in a way that the table will blend well with the painting.
5. Another decorative idea is to hang some pretty accessories. You can also stick some pictures behind each window space to create picture frames or to attach shadowboxes for certain memorabilia. You can basically do anything that floats your boat as long as it blends well with the whole aesthetic of your room and it doesn’t look too cluttered or messy.
6. Don’t feel too overwhelmed when it comes to interior decorating. Try to be think about specific changes that you want to make for a room. Draw it up on paper, and ask someone to help you with it. Think of a theme and set your thoughts and ideas from there.
Ok here’s the link to the full tutorial: https://downtoearthstyle.blogspot.com/2012/09/new-old-foyer-table.html