Handmade Gift Bag With A Paper Carnation
Photo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7pIURDc_Oo
I don’t know about you guys but I am a sucker for cute packaging. I get really ecstatic when I see something that is well thought out and you just appreciate the effort that was put into it.
If you love pretty packaging as much as I do, try making a handmade gift bag. You don’t need to buy expensive decorative bags because you can make one that is just as beautiful! This tutorial by Paper Guru will teach you how to do it!
Tools and Materials Needed:
1. Decorative Paper (Larger than 15″ Width x 12″ Height)
2. Tissue Paper (2 1/2″ Width x 20″ Length)
3. Pink Ribbon (5/8″ Width x 28″ Length)
4. Wooden Stick that is longer than 3 inches
5. Floral Tape
6. Cutting Board
8. Double Sided Tape and Glue Dots
9. Exacto Knife
You can make smaller gift bags if you’re planning to use these to package your giveaways for a party. If you want to switch things up to go with the theme that you want, you can use different accents like stickers, small toys, and other decorations.
Here are some additional ideas:
1. Halloween – Make ghost accents for your paper bags. Use a black decorative paper to make your bag. Take a lollipop and then wrap it in white tissue paper. Secure the “ghost” lollipop by tying the top of the lollipop with a ribbon. If the tissue paper is a bit sheer, add another layer. Spread the bottom of the tissue paper so that it would look like a floating ghost. Use a black felt tip pen to draw the “ghost’s” eyes, nose, and mouth.
2. Masquerade – Print out a template of a mask and make multiple copies. You can add more accents by sticking glue and crystals on the mask. You can also write a small note on the back. Once you’re done, prepare your wooden sticks. You may need to wrap them in black crepe paper or you can also paint them with black acrylic paint. Attach the sticks to the masks and you’re done!
3. Wedding – Change the color of the paper carnation to white. You can also add a picture of the couple along with a thank you note.
There are so many things that you can do with this project! Ok, here’s the video: